More Summer Recipes
Have you all found your favorite Farmers Market yet? We are still in the middle of prime farmers market finds! Grab your basket and head out to meet your neighbors and support your local farmers! If you are thinking that you never know where to begin, start with one of these delicious summer recipes below and see how local you can make it! After buzzing around the Asheville markets, these recipes are based solely on ingredients I’ve seen in the artisan’s stalls!
1/2 cup of fresh Goat Cheese
4 ripe Peaches
3 Tblsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
2 Tblsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Cut the peaches in half along the seam the runs around the fruit and remove the stone. Drizzle the halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill. Place a few peaches on the grill, cut-side down, and grill for just under 1 minute. As you grill, press down firmly with tongs for a couple of seconds to form grill marks. Turn and cook for 10 seconds on the second side. Repeat with the remaining peaches.
- Crumble the goat cheese and sprinkle over the grilled peaches while they are still warm.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the peaches.
- Serve immediately.
Fresh Chamomile Tea
3-4 Tblsp of fresh Chamomile Flowers
- Your tea will be best if you harvest your chamomile the same day that you plan to drink your tea!
1 small sprig of Mint
8 oz. hot water
1 tea filter (a tea infuser is ideal)
- Heat water until just before boiling (170-185 degrees F)
- Combine the chamomile and mint into the tea filter and set into teacup.
- Pour hot water over the tea bag and let seep for 5 minutes.